Xotolar Ranch is a working ranch that has been in the Morin Ruiz family for over four generations. We are located in the high plateau 18 kilometers from the center of San Miguel de Allende in a rural and pristine environment untouched by modernization. Our land is situated adjoining the newly opened archaeological site of Cañada de la Virgen, a pre-Columbian construction of pyramids and other architectural structures of the central basin of the Laja river that is attributed to tolteca-chichimecas groups of central Mexico.
Here our guests can experience the true cultural life that is Mexico, today and yesterday. You will enjoy the wide open spaces, not like a tourist, but as a member of the Morín Family. You will ride through spectacular countryside with breathtaking views and stunning landscapes guided by Thomás and Felix Morín who will share their vast knowledge and skills while keeping your safety in mind.
After your ride, enjoy an authentic ranch “comida” (luncheon) of delicious, freshly prepared specialties of Xotlar Ranch along with a cold “cerveza” (beer).
Here is what sets us apart from the competition:
- We are not a commercial tour company, but family owned and operated.
- We offer a variety of beautiful scenic rides in the mountains outside of San Miguel de Allende.
- We are located adjacent to ancient prehispanic Tolteca pyramids that you will be able to clearly view
- We provide an authentic ranch style comida/meal in our family’s home.
Make your visit to San Miguel de Allende truly memorable!
Xotolar Ranch can accommodate groups large or small and will tailor any ride to fit your needs and desires. The Moríns are experienced ranchers and horsemen who have been working this land for over 50 years. Your safety and well-being are of utmost importance. See our RANCH ACTIVITIES listing for tours and rates or call or e-mail.
- Horseback Riding
- Ranch and Rodeo Demonstrations
- Rustic Camping
- Cultural Tours to The Pyramid at Cañada de la Virgen or to “La Huerta” and “El Sabino”
- Sunset and Evening Rides
- Cattle Drives for experienced riders
- Multi-day rides